Creating a custom invoice can be achieved in your Ecommerce control panel in just a few easy steps.
To begin, click on the Ecommerce icon at the top of your control panel.
Then, hover over sell online and click on invoices
Choose the option for new invoice
You will be prompted to build your invoice. You will be required to enter the following:
- Name: The name of the item you are invoicing your customer for.
- Description: A brief description of the item. This will appear below the line item name on the invoice that your customer receives.
- Taxable: Indicate whether or not you are want to sales tax applied to the item on the invoice.
- Charge Shipping: Indicate whether or not you would like to charge shipping for the item on the invoice.
- Amount: The price of the item that you are invoicing your customer for.
If you want to include multiple items in the invoice you can click the new item button to continue adding more line items to the invoice. As new items are added, you have the ability to delete items by choosing the grey delete button to the right of the item amount area. (Note: If you only have one item on the invoice there is not an option to delete.)
To save your invoice you can click save draft or click the next button to continue to build your invoice.
The second step in building your invoice is to choose your contact. You can select from your existing contacts or you can click the new contact button. Clicking an existing contact will pre-fill the billing information for that contact, where choosing new contact will require you to manually add this information.
Information for the shipping info section can either be carried over from the billing info section, or you can enter it separately based on information you've gathered from your customer. To use the same information in this section as the billing info, simply click the checkbox labeled Same as billing address.
You can click save changes to finish building your invoice at a later date or choose next to continue setting up your invoice.
Step 3 will allow you to customize your Payment Preferences for your invoice.
- Due Date: Set a payment due date for your invoice. You can manually type in a date, or click on the calendar button to select a future payment date.
- Allow Partial Payments: Allow your customer to make partial payments towards the total amount of their invoice. If this is not allowed, customers will be required to pay the invoice in full.
- Shipping Method: Choose the delivery method for your customer, if you have added any line items that require shipping. The shipping amount will be added to the total amount of the invoice.
- Invoice Reference: Add an overall description to the invoice to clarify what the invoice is for when the customer views it.
Click next to continue your invoice. The final step of building your invoice allows you to customize the email message that will be sent to your customer. You can customize the subject and message before clicking send invoice.
At each step you have the option to save draft or next, and finally send invoice.
Once you have clicked send invoice you will receive a confirmation message notifying you that you have sucessfully sent your invoice to your customer